Beaverton Activity Center remembers and honors the spirit of Bruce Guy,
Director of Gladwin County District Library, and our visionary and faithful board member.
He loved books, music and history. He was filled with empathy for others, especially shown
in his frequent outreach to families of veterans no longer living, but still very much with us.
He played a significant role in making the BAC a reality.
You are missed, Bruce….but you will always be with us.
The Beaverton Branch Library has planned a full month of activities for all ages, and all interests!
Invite a friend to meet at the Sweet B Café to enjoy a specialty coffee and a sweet snack before the library functions. Or come alone to read and relax in this wonderful, creative space designed for lovers of books, the arts, and good conversation!
- Wednesdays after school a crowd gathers at the Library for Legos and Bingo. Fun for kids of all ages on early release day.
- On Thursdays and Fridays the Beaverton Library is THE place to be for listening little ones! Story Time starts at 10 a.m. both days.
- Join the local arts crowd on Tuesday, October 10 at 6 p.m. to create a fun and spooky Halloween painting. Cost is $20, call 989-435-3981 to register.
- The Book Club meets on Thursday, October 12 at 7 p.m. to discuss The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, by Rachel Joyce.
- “Make It Monday” on October 16 is a gathering for crafters to create festive pallet pumpkins. The group meets from 6 p.m. to 8 pm. Cost is $30, call 989-435-3981 to register.
- The program for “Tuesday Talk” on October 24 at 6:30 p.m. is “The Dirty Little Secret about GMOs,” presented by Allyson Maxwell.