Arts & Culture
Beaverton Activity Center remembers and honors the spirit of Bruce Guy,
Director of Gladwin County District Library, and our visionary and faithful board member.
He loved books, music and history. He was filled with empathy for others, especially shown
in his frequent outreach to families of veterans no longer living, but still very much with us.
He played a significant role in making the BAC a reality.
You are missed, Bruce….but you will always be with us.
There is simply nothing else like THE LION KING.
BAC, Gladwin Area Friends of Theatre & Gladwin County Chamber jointly present a
bus trip to see the Broadway production of "The Lion King" at the Wharton Center in East Lansing
Giraffes strut. Birds swoop. Gazelles leap. The entire Serengeti comes to life as never before. And as the music soars, Pride Rock slowly emerges from the mist. This is Disney’s THE LION KING, making its triumphant return to Wharton Center! More than 90 million people around the world have experienced the awe-inspiring visual artistry, the unforgettable music, and the uniquely theatrical storytelling of this Broadway spectacular – one of the most breathtaking and beloved productions ever to grace the stage.
Winner of six Tony Awards®, including Best Musical, THE LION KING brings together one of the most imaginative creative teams on Broadway. Tony Award®-winning director Julie Taymor brings to life a story filled with hope and adventure set against an amazing backdrop of stunning visuals. THE LION KING also features the extraordinary work of Tony Award®-winning choreographer Garth Fagan and some of Broadway’s most recognizable music, crafted by Tony Award®-winning artists Elton John and Tim Rice.
A perfect Christmas gift for all ages! Don't delay - a limited number of tickets will be available through January 12!
- Theatre: Wharton Center, East Lansing
- Date: Tuesday, July 24 at 7:30 p.m.
- Bus travel schedule will be determined and posted soon, please check back for more details.
- Disney recommends this theatre performance for children who are age 6 and older.
- Ticket Cost: $110 per person - includes premium seat, bus fare, driver tip and snack
- Payments accepted: Cash, Check (payable to GAFT) or Credit Card
- Purchase tickets at BAC or Gladwin County Chamber of Commerce
- Credit card purchase by phone: 989-802-1771
- Questions: Yvette Keast, 989-802-1771, E-mail: GladwinTheatre@gmail.com
- Questions: Jada Carland, E-mail: email@example.com